Agile Project Management is developed by APMG in partnership with the DSDM Consortium. The method provides a balanced combination of the controlled and planned approach of project management with the change and empowerment oriented approach of Agile product development.
AgilePM is based on the DSDM Consortium’s Agile Project Framework. It, therefore, focuses on incremental delivery of solutions using empowerment on an individual basis and encouraging collaboration and ownership.
The certification is divided into two parts: Foundation and Practitioner.
Foundation level makes sure that the core principles of AgilePM, required to manage a successful project, are delivered to the candidates. Meanwhile a level of agility is also emphasized to further ensure the project’s productivity.
The Practitioner level not only provides an in-depth knowledge of the application of the AgilePM aspects but it also guides the candidate on the day-to-day implementation of the AgilePM principles.
Benefits for the Participants
- Achieve an advanced level of knowledge on how to be Agile and how to apply it
- Gain an understanding on tailoring the concepts to the situation
- Promote trust and collaboration between the stakeholders
- Improve project success by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and controls
- Project managers who want to expand their knowledge on Agile project management
- Team members who are or will be working in Agile projects
The AgilePM Foundation training is a 3-day training and the official certificate is from APMG International. There are not any prerequisites for this training.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 75 questions per paper
- Five questions are trial questions
- They are not scored
- 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass – 50%
- Closed book
Content is delivered based on the APMG Agile Project Management Syllabus v2.0.
In the first part of the training the concept of Agility is established and an overview of the Scrum framework is made. The brief Scrum knowledge especially helps to solidify the product development aspects of the AgilePM methodology.
The second part revolves around the application of the core principles of AgilePM together with the processes, roles and documents involved.
The training is finalized after a sample exam and a case-based exercise session. The certification exam is taken on the third day of the training.
The official manual for this certification is Agile Project Management Handbook version 2.0.
- Day 1:
- What is Agile?
- Scrum Overview
- DSDM Philosophy and Principles
- Day 2:
- DSDM Processes
- DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- DSDM Products
- DSDM Practices, Planning and Control
- Day 3:
- Sample exam and review
- Case-based group exercise
- Certification exam
Synergy with Other Trainings
AgilePM takes a pragmatic approach towards working together with existing standards and frameworks. As a result it can easily be used in combination with frameworks and methods such as PRINCE2, Scrum, ITIL, or formal quality processes.