Welcome to the course!
This course is delivered in 3 iterations. Each of them reviews PRINCE2® from a different perspective and adds more detail by building on top of the previous one.
This is the first iteration; the shortest, and the simplest one. There are only 5 lessons here to give you an overall understanding of the methodology. You don’t have to remember everything that is discussed here; they will be reviewed again in the next iterations.
Most lessons contain videos similar to the one below. After you click on the video to play it, there will be 3 features on the bottom-right corner of it that may be interesting to you:
- Making it full screen
- Increasing or decreasing the playback speed
- Adding subtitle (the CC button)
Enjoy the course :)
Based on AXELOS PRINCE2® material. Reproduced under licence from AXELOS. All rights reserved.
So far, we’ve talked about starting up a project. What do you think should be done next?
- Each project has a trigger. What do we call this trigger in PRINCE2?
- What topics are usually covered in the trigger?
- What’s the name of the highest role in the project, who is responsible for the return of investment?
- What are the two main outputs of starting up a project? What topics are covered in them?
- What’s the first Project Board decision about?
- Project mandate
- Project mandate contains very high-level information about the purpose of the project, as well as its scope, quality, cost, and benefits. Remember that it’s a very simple document.
- One is the Project Brief, that covers general information about the project (reasons, scope, quality, cost, benefits, and team structure), and the other is our plan for the next stage.
- The check the Project Brief to see if it’s a good idea to proceed with this project.