With Online Exam you are connected to a live person who will guide you through the process and assist with any technical issues. The exam can be taken with almost any computer and webcam. This option is available both for Foundation and Practitioner level exams.
The exam can be taken by appointment. Appointments should be made at least 5 work days in advance. To make the appointment you will be given a link to sign up. In order to complete the appointment procedure we will provide you with a booking reference/voucher code 12-24 hours after your purchase.
What are the PC and Network Requirements?
You can test your system for suitability from the Test It Before you Take It! page from Peopelcert.
- Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows® Vista, OSX 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite) or 10.11 (El Capitan);
- Dual-core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with at least 2GB of RAM;
- An internet connection with a speed not inferior to 4Mbps;
- A monitor (at least 15”) with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or more;
- Keyboard, mouse or equivalent;
- A webcam (built in or external) which can be rotated;
- Speakers and microphone ( the use of headphones is not allowed).
- The use of virtualisation software such as VMware, Virtual PC or Sandbox, is not allowed during the exam.
How do they know who I am?
To be able to take the exam you must install the EXAM SHIELD software from the link that can be found in the email confirmation you received. You should complete the installation an hour before the exam and at the same time deactivate any virtualisation software you may have.
You should also check that
1. You have a valid ID document with photo with you;
2. You can rotate the webcam 360°;
3. You haven’t got other screens or webcams connected to your computer.
4. At least 10 minutes before you are due to start the exam, press the EXAM SHIELD “OK” button and wait for the arrival of the supervisor if he/she is not yet online.
Online Exam room environment
- You must be alone when you take the exam (hang a notice on the door if necessary)
- Room must be well lit and quiet
- There should be no distractions from music, headphones, TV, etc.
- There should be no books or other written/printed material near the computer or on the walls
- No telephones or mobiles may be used
- Any other computers in the room must be switched off
- It is also a good idea to be dressed as the exam is recorded :-)