The PDU acronym stands for Professional Development Unit. These PMI PDUs are necessary for several PMI Certifications to keep them active. If you have a PMI Certification, such as PMP, you’ll need to accumulate a specific amount of these units in order to keep your PMP Certification active.
The PMI PDUs are separated in three:
This is called the “Talent Triangle”
How to earn PDUs?
The PDUs can be obtained in different ways, the most common are:
- By attending Meetings related to Project Management
- By taking a Classroom or Online Course (i.e. PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner Courses)
- By performing volunteer work in some Non-Profit Organizations.
- By Reading Books
How to claim PMI PDUs?
This process have changed recently and now you need to follow these steps:
- Login to your PMI Account
- Click on My Account
- Click on Report PDUs
- Select the type of PDU you would like to claim
- Accept and send the form
How many PMI PDUs can I claim from Management Plaza’s Courses?
You can check how many PDUs you are able to claim for every Mplaza Course in this page. They are separated in Technical, Strategic and Leadership. This information is also available on the Description of every Course.
If you need further information or help on how to claim PDUs, please send us an email to Support@mplaza.pm.