PRINCE2® is a process-based, step-by-step approach to project management.
A strong aspect of PRINCE2 is the fact that it separates the management aspects for project work from the specialist requirements. This results in the ability to integrate any form of specialist aspect into the PRINCE2 framework.
PRINCE2 is a generic method based on proven principles. Organizations adopting the method can substantially improve their organizational capability and maturity across areas such as business change, construction, and IT.
The PRINCE2 Foundation classroom training from Management Plaza aims to provide the knowledge to prepare the candidate for the PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate examination in a different approach.
The course covers the PRINCE2 principles, themes and processes at the level of detail defined in the PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus. The training clarifies the theory behind the methodology by explaining how it works.
Alongside the classroom course the candidate also receives extra pre-course material in audio, video and text format along with an extensive question and answer workbook.
- Pre-Course: Easy to understand Pre-course (~2 hours)
- Day 1: Introduction + Principles + Themes Introduction
- Day 2: Themes (cont) + Processes + Sample Exam + Review
- Day 3: Sample Exam + Review + Certification Exam
Management Plaza is different in many ways to other PRINCE2 training companies:
- We focus on making PRINCE2 easy to learn and remember
- Our Introduction to PRINCE2 book is now the most read book on PRINCE2. It is also available in CBT (video) and Audio formats
- We are the only training company that provides a PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual, it is much easier than reading the official PRINCE2 manual which is a good reference manual but a poor training manual.
- We provide an online training room to support classroom training
The official PRINCE2 Foundation certificate from AXELOS.
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 75 questions per paper
- Five questions are trial questions
- They are not scored
- 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass – 50%
- Closed book
There are not any pre-requisites for this training. However, we recommend that you do the PRINCE2 Introduction e-learning before the training. This will help to familiarize with the terminology and help to get more from the classroom training.
Delivered within the context of the Practitioner syllabus defined by AXELOS. The complete training is conducted via discussions. Initially for the review of the theory and then for the application of the theory within the context of sample exams.
- Pre-course (5-hours)
- Day 1: Themes review + Tailoring + Processes
- Day 2: First Sample Exam + Review + Second Sample Exam + Review
- Day 3: Third Sample Exam + Review
Official PRINCE2 Practitioner certificate from AXELOS.
- Objective testing
- Eight questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- 150 minutes duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
Note: The PRINCE2 Foundation certificate is the pre-requisite for the PRINCE2 Practitioner certificate.