This PRINCE2 in Practice Videos will show you how you can run a PRINCE2 project and you will see it is not as difficult to use as many people thinks. The main goal is to show you how easy it is to start using PRINCE2 and how using a minimum amount of information and documents you can run your first PRINCE2 project.
PRINCE2 in practice: Who is the video for?
- People who are studying for the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exam
- People who have already had a PRINCE2 certification but wish to know how to start to use PRINCE2
- People who wish to run their first PRINCE2 project
Why do less that 5% of certified PRINCE2 people ever use PRINCE2?
- The # 1 reason seems to be lack of confidence, people just don’t know where to start.
- It’s a bit like learning how to drive a car from a book without taking driving lessons.
- PRINCE2 classroom training courses are focused on passing the exams and not learning how to use PRINCE2
- The PRINCE2 Foundation course gives a good overview of PRINCE2 which is important but this just an overview and you will not be able to use PRINCE2 after this course.
- The average PRINCE2 Practitioner course is 3 days, ½ day for the exam and 2 days are spent on practicing question and ½ day on getting a Foundation overview of PRINCE2, so you are not learning much about practicing PRINCE2
- PRINCE2 has many documents that must be tailored in each project, otherwise you will swamp your project in administration.
- Support: Very few companies provide proper support and coaching for Project Managers but they put a lot more focus on mistakes which, of course, kills initiative.
So the main goal of this PRINCE2 in Practice video is to help people get started with PRINCE2 and start to raise the number of PRINCE2 certified people who use PRINCE2 from less than 5% to a greater 15% to 20%.
Our company MPLAZA has a management / sales meeting each Monday morning and one of the things we review is possible improvements for our online shop.
So one of us suggested the following idea:
- We should have a separate site for the PRINCE2 Foundation Exam Simulator and it should have a URL like www.PRINCE2-Foundation-Exam-Simulator.com
- There are many searches in Google for “PRINCE2 Foundation Exam” and as we already have the content we can get this website up and running very quickly
This idea looked good and when we compared to the other ideas. So we decide to review it again at the next meeting and added it as a point to discuss. For now we agreed to fill in a “project mandate” document